JOB POSTING: OFFICE MANAGER--30 hours/week
Boston Workmen’s Circle (BWC) seeks an administrator to anchor our work of building community, celebrating Jewish culture and working towards social change. You will serve as a key member of a small staff team who work together to support the grassroots leadership of our members.
Boston Workmen’s Circle is
• A community and spiritual home for secular Jewish life
• A voice for progressive Jewish values and social change
• An arts and education center celebrating Yiddish, Jewish, and progressive culture,
• A community where, whatever one’s Jewish background, whatever the faith, ethnic, or gender
diversity of one’s family -- children and adults feel welcome and participate fully at all levels of the
• Maintain Member Database Using e-tapestry: provide data reporting and analysis to track member participation and charitable giving; generate reports for mailings, phone banks, e-blasts, and targeted outreach. Responsibilities include data entry.
• Develop and Maintain Systems for Member Engagement: designing online payment forms and managing ticket sales and class registrations, and tracking dues payment.
• Maintain Accounts Receivable and Payable: make regular deposits and paying
bills and maintaining recordkeeping systems; serve as liaison to bookkeeper and
Finance Committee, providing reports as needed to those responsible for
• Manage Building Use and Rentals: Oversee building maintenance (managing contractors for repairs as needed, custodians, snow/leaf removal, etc.); Manage short and long term building and parking rentals and internal space use, and facilitate off-site rental space for BWC events not housed in our building
• Serve as Registrar for the Sunday School (Shule): Overseeing the
registration process, tuition billing, class lists & email lists, attendance tracking, and program
support; liason with town of Brookline, work with Shule Education Director to develop effective
administrative systems for the school. Prepare classroom supplies prior to each shule session.
• Develop and Maintain Effective Administrative and Office Systems: answering phones/emails, responding to basic inquiries and questions, file maintenance, routing mail, office supplies, vendor relations, and coordinating with administrative staff in national office.
• Oversee office information technology systems, including software and hardware,
either serving as in-house resource or coordinating with outside consultants.
• Commitment to the mission and values of Boston Workmen's Circle. These values include
o Commitment to social, economic and racial justice
o Welcoming all people across race, religion, gender and sexual orientation
o Being a voice for peace and against the occupation in the Jewish community
o Standing against Islamophobia
• Desire to work as part of a small team grounding a grassroots community organization
• Highly organized, with the ability to conceptualize systems as well as to keep
them functioning effectively
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Critical thinker with good problem solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with database software, e-tapestry a plus
• Experience with QuickBooks/ Bookkeeping
• Experience with Information Technology a plus
HOW TO APPLY
To apply send resume and cover letter indicating your salary requirements and the number of hours
that you are available to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the job is filled. No phone calls please.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Good benefits package
BWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sephardic Jews, Mizrahi Jews, people of color, trans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer people, people with disabilities, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.