"Judaism has never been solely a religion to me. It’s a people, a culture, and a religion, kind of like a state of being. It helps me locate myself in the world."
Development & Communication Associate
Boston Workmen’s Circle Development & Communications Associate
Boston Workmen's Circle Center for Jewish Culture and Social Justice is
· A community and spiritual home for secular Jewish life
· A voice for progressive Jewish values and social change
· An arts and education center celebrating Yiddish, Jewish, and progressive culture
We are proud to be a community where whatever your Jewish background, whatever the faith, ethnic, or gender diversity of your family, children and adults feel welcome and participate fully at all levels of the organization.
The Development and Communications Associate will design and implement communications strategies and materials for all BWC activities, including printed materials, online communication and social media/marketing.
Additionally, the Development and Communications Associate will assist the Executive Director with all elements of the fundraising, including administrative, research, communications, tracking, and will be the lead staff person coordinating all fundraising events.
Key Responsibilities: Communications
- Webmaster-producing and uploading new written and graphic content, establishing and implementing systems for removing outdated information, write regular "Around the Circle" posts; ongoing attention to improvement and best practices
- Design social media strategies and regularly post content
- Produce regular e-calendar/newsletter, including written and graphic content
- Design and create all printed materials including brochures, fundraising mailings, etc.
- Strengthen the BWC "brand" with additional visibility such as signage, print materials, etc.
Key Responsibilities: Development
- Work with Executive Director and fundraising committee to develop annual fundraising calendar strategy and implementation plan
- Maintain database for tracking donor activity, produce reports as needed; collect and catalog background information on donor prospects
- Play a leadership role in helping staff and volunteers to understand and prioritize fundraising needs
- Develop and implement communications plans for effective and consistent stewardship of donors; assist with writing and production of annual report.
- Grant research and support
- Serve as lead staff for fundraising and cultivation events, including annual auction, benefit concerts, and house parties
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills,including editing and proofreading
- High comfort level with technology, including Microsoft desktop applications
- Web design skills (as needed to maintain and update current site)
- Strong Graphic design skills, including fluency with layout programs and photoshop
- Skilled in social media & online marketing strategies
- Experience using databases to track member/donors, e-tapestry a plus
- Creative energy, self-starting; ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy non-profit setting
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
- Interest in and ability to articulate the mission and values of Boston Workmen's Circle. These values include
- Commitment to social, economic and racial justice
- Welcoming all people across race, religion, gender and sexual orientation
- Being a voice for peace and against the occupation in the Jewish community
- Standing against Islamophobia
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated history of success in similar position.
Please submit cover letter, resume and a sample of your printed communications work (flyer, brochure, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Now accepting applications, Interviews begin on a rolling basis the week of April 20th. The position will remain open until filled with priority given to early applicants.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience; 30/hours a week.
- 12 vacation days in first year + sick, personal and holidays. Eligible for health benefits.