“The Workmen's Circle is my Jewish community because it allows me to express all the different aspects of my Jewish identity in one place. It’s where I act for change while being part of a larger, inter-generational community.”
Adult Education Courses
Our adult education programming is geared toward exploring the meaning of Jewish history, ritual, and thought from a secular perspective. Courses are taught by highly qualified and stimulating guest instructors.
There are usually two courses each year, one in the fall and one in the spring. The number of sessions ranges from four to six, and tuition varies. Pre-registration is required. At least once every two years we offer a basic Jewish literacy course for new members.
Whether you are Jewish or non-Jewish, and whatever your level of Jewish knowledge, we invite you to learn, question, and challenge your thinking.
Past courses include:
- Exploring Jewish Identity: History and Traditions of Mizrachi, Sephardi, and Ashkenazi Cultures
- U.S. Labor Post-WWII: From Reds Under the Bed to the War on Public Sector Workers
- History of the Jewish Left
- Jewish Literacy 101
- Zionism and the Roads not Taken
- Islam 101
- From Religion to Nation: The Evolution of Modern Jewish Identity