“My task is not to debate whether I’m a Jew or not, but to figure out what kind of Jew I am. For me, finding a secular Jewish community with progressive politics fits my version of that identity.”
Our adult education programming is geared toward exploring the meaning of Jewish history, ritual, and thought from a secular perspective. Together, we grapple with questions of historical experience, values, and identity that challenge our thinking.
A foundation of Jewish and progressive literacy keeps our community strong. Come learn with us!
- Adult education courses are taught by highly qualified and stimulating guest instructors.
- The Circle Book Group reads fiction and non-fiction, and meets for discussion on Sunday mornings.
- The Israel/Palestine Film Series seeks to broaden an understanding of the Israel-Palestine conflict for people just starting to learn about the issue as well as for seasoned activists.
- The Secular Tamlud Class asks how we can engage in the Talmud as secular Jews.
- We also offer Yiddish classes and lectures for adults.
For updates about one-time lectures and discussion groups on a variety of topics, please sign up for our e-calendar.